It’s been a while since the last update on this project. Having many projects going at the same time inevitably means a few of them move at a slower pace than I would like. Still, we have finished renovating one more room in our house, so I am back to working on the table a bit more frequently these days. Let’s see what’s new.
Last week I had some time to start working on the table. While Robert from Dikhout was preparing the stock for the posts and the stretcher, I went to work preparing the stock for the three cleats. First, I suppose, it would be good to get the terminology clear so we all know what we’re talking about. In the sketch on the right, the piece marked ‘a’ is the stretcher, the two pieces marked ‘b’ are the feet, the three pieces marked ‘c’ are the cleats, and finally the two pieces marked ‘d’ are the posts.